Azerbaijani Grand Master Eltaj Safarli is among leaders of the Karpos Open 2013 after beating Serbian Indjic Aleksandar at the 3rd round.
OPEN Karpos 2013 chess tournament is traditional open chess tournament for any interested chess player no mater of the rating, title or category in organization by the municipality Karpos, one of the municipalities in capital city of Macedonia, Skopje in collaboration with Chess Club Gambit Asseco SEE.
The Tournament will be played according to the rules of Swiss System in 9 rounds from on 9-16th March. Players will have 90 minutes for 40 moves and 30 minutes till the end of the game with 30 sec. for a move, timed from the first move. Electronic clocks will be used to measure time.
Players will be ranked according their score (number of points won). IN case of a tie, the following extra rating will apply.
- Buchholz -1
Prizes to the total amount of 20,000 EUR will be distributed among top leaders.
Hort system will be used for sharing prizes in case of tie until 10th place (including
Special prizes will be granted for best ranked women players as follows:
1) 500 EUR 2) 300 EUR 3) 200 EUR
Special prizes will be granted for best ranked player in categories as follows:
- Players between 2201 – 2450 rating points
1) 500 EUR 2) 400 EUR 3) 300 EUR 4) 200 EUR 5)100EUR
- Players between 2001- 2200 rating points
1) 300 EUR 2) 200 EUR 3) 100 EUR
- Players till 2000 rating points
1) 200 EUR 2) 150 EUR 3) 100 EUR
Special prizes will be granted to:
- veteran players over 60 years old - 100 EUR
- players under 18 years old - 100 EUR